UPDATE – Microsoft revealed more about the upcoming sequel Flight Simulator 2024 during FlightSimExpo, watch the keynote presentation below.
In June 2023, at Xbox Showcase, Microsoft unexpectedly announced Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024, the sequel to MSFS, released in August 2020. There is not much information about the upcoming FS2024 yet. We will update this page as soon as there is more news about FS2024 in the following months. Below is gathered all the knowledge known to date with more to come.
- FS2024’s performance and physics engine differ from MSFS, so it is a standalone product landing in 2024 and the next-generation sequel to MSFS, released in August 2020.
- In FS2024, you can expect improved ground details, vehicle traffic, and 3D trees with increased diversity.
- The new dynamic world includes full seasons, storms, tornadoes, and auroras.
- One of the biggest priorities for FS2024 is to improve loading times, ensuring only needed data per flight is loaded from the cloud and hard drive.
- A list of real-world airliners with aircraft models will be released later.
- The missions and activities with the Career Mode are authentic re-creations of those performed in real-life aviation.
- With very few exceptions, all add-ons that work in MSFS today will be compatible with FS2024 as well.
- Add-ons purchased from the MSFS in-sim Marketplace will not need to be re-purchased in FS2024.